Insurances.net
insurances.net » Cancer Insurance » Bipolar: Treatment Plans for Labor Day Weekend Survival
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Bipolar: Treatment Plans for Labor Day Weekend Survival

For those who have bipolar, depression, or some other mental illness

, a holiday weekend is not always a cause for celebration. While the rest of the country goes looney with the joy of being sprung from work for an extra day, a person with a mental illness may be dragged down with the burden of being obligated to have fun. When we are expected to be happy simply because the calendar says that it is time to have fun, it can be very easy to become depressed about being depressed.

I have bipolar disorder and I have used this plan to survive holidays:

1. Do not burden yourself with the demand that you must have fun. You cannot flip the "Im happy" switch just because it is Labor Day Weekend. Sure, it is wonderful to attempt to do things you enjoy and have a good time. But if you are just not in the mood for fun, then it is even worse to feel guilty for not yukking it up with everybody else. (In fact, you are not alone. Not everybody is having ball - even some of the ones who look like they are yukking it up.) Gave yourself permission not to be a laugh a minute. Dropping that pressure might actually put a smile on your face.(Hear more on my Radio Show--Blessed with Bipolar)

2. Do only what you want to do and only what you absolutely must do. You are free to say, "No," to everything else. It's your time and your weekend. You are entitled to decide what you want to do, what you don't want to do, and what you simply cannot or will not do. There are many holiday activities that can sometimes be great fun, but not always. You may enjoy having a picnic, going to a pool, or taking a baseball or football game. It might even give you a lift to force yourself to go. But if you are going only because you are feeling some unnecessary obligation, then you are likely to come back miserable. If you do not want to go and if going is not really necessary, then respectfully tell your family and friends that you won't be attending with them. And feel good about having the assertiveness to take care of your own mental health.

3. Consider maintaining your normal routine as much as possible. Sometimes, it is good to do something new and outside of your routine - but let it be your choice. Part of the difficulty of holidays for me is the abrupt change in routine. Sometimes I enjoy that. But there are other times when I prefer to stick with the same old stuff. Let it be your choice.

4. Remember that it is only 72 hours long. Tuesday will show up right on time!

By: Richard Jarzynka
Vitamins For Fibromyalgia Patients And Fibromyalgia Natural Treatment Treatment For Trench Mouth Newest Psoriasis Treatment - Psoriasis A Necessity in Sewage Treatments Exploring Dry Salt Inhaler The Natural Asthma Treatment From Salt Pharma Why Go To An Alcohol Abuse Treatment Center? Stakeholder Opinions: Ovarian Cancer - Approaching The Era Of Molecular Targeted Therapy Now Availab Sciatica Treatment Sciatica Treatment - Work Outs That Will With Your Sciatica Heartburn Treatment for Occasional Heartburn Episodes Anxiety Attacks Treatment – Anxiety Attacks Help Anxiety Attacks Treatment – Social Anxiety Disorder Treatment Dry and Oily Skin Treatment
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.178.133) / Processed in 0.012105 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2809, 301,