Insurances.net
insurances.net » Life Insurance » Betta Care Tips To Live By - Know 'em
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Betta Care Tips To Live By - Know 'em

Bettas, especially for their size, are one of the most interactive and fun to own fishes out there

. My Betta, Gilbert, now happily jumps up to get his food and swims to the side of the tank to greet me when I enter the room. When I first got my fish I had a whole barrage of questions to ask experts or to post on various forums. Below I have compiled some simple tips for basic Beta fish care.

Water temperature should be kept around 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Anywhere from 74 to 86 degrees should be fine, but a nice balmy 80 to 82 is ideal. Usually your fish will be healthier, happier, and its colors more vibrant when your water temperature is kept consistent, so wherever your temperature usually is, try to keep it there!

Tank setup is fairly simple. You'll want to make sure you either use distilled water or use drops found at your pet store to remove the chlorine from your tap water. A tank heater (to maintain aforementioned temperature) and a filter are also highly recommended. The filter not only helps cleanup harmful waste but actually, through packets you buy for it, helps to increase the growth of helpful algae and bacteria. As far as other decorations go, rocks at the bottom are recommended, as are live plants. Things like fake plants, plastic caves, buildings and ships are also welcome as Betas love to explore, just make sure to clean and rinse them well first!

Food for Beta fishes comes in many forms, I recommend pellets for two reasons. The first is that, like flake food, pellets offer a well rounded diet to your fish. The second is that, unlike flakes, pellets are roughly the same size meaning it's easier to monitor your pet's food intake. Be sure to note that your fish will not starve as long as it gets a couple pellets each day (I actually tend to give mine two in the morning and two at night), over-feeding is much more dangerous than missing a meal. Be sure that if you can't remember if you've fed your Beta for the evening it's better to just wait until tomorrow, he won't starve overnight on you!

Good luck to all of you Beta owners out there, hope this helped!

by: T L Gallamore
'tis The Season To Be Jolly! - Be Jolly Careful To Protect Your Presents From Thieves Move, Eat And Live For A Better Life How To Brighten Your Smile And Improve Your Life How to Figure-Out Success and the Best Relatinship in Life Organize Your Life And Start With Your Closet Skin Care: It's Time For You To Man Up And Adopt A Skin Care Routine Take Care Of Your Kid's Comforter Skeptical Debunkers And The Afterlife Mariah Carey Tickets - An Angel's Advocate Sports Decals Stickers - Support Your Favorite Team With Life Size Player And Team Decal Stickers How to Get Your Car in Top Shape with the Right Car Parts and Car Care by:Frank Stewart Taking Care Of Truck Trailer Parts For Preventive Maintenance by:Mike Selvon How to Properly Take Care of Your ATV by:Billy Whitmire
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(34.230.84.106) / Processed in 0.012260 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2213, 953,