Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Auto Insurance and Credit
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Auto Insurance and Credit

Too often I hear insurance companies advertise how proud they are about not using credit as a rating factor in Auto Insurance for Texas. I then receive a phone call from a customer asking me if I am going to run their credit and confess to me they just took a hit on their credit score for failing to make payments on time, bankruptcy, etc..

The reality is that credit is a good method to measure risk. Don't stop reading this if you have less than perfect credit.

Don't Forget, this article is meant to help you understand how credit affects your rating, so don't get upset with me yet!Auto Insurance and Credit

Even if you have a bad "credit score" does not mean you have a bad "insurance score". Insurance companies use "insurance score", which is variation of a "credit score".

Why do insurance companies use credit to determine if I am a good driver? Insurance companies do not determine if you are a good driver based on credit. Insurance companies determine you are more prone to make a claim if you have lower credit. There is a correlation between bad credit and financial instability. Example: If somebody is financially unstable, they are more likely to not perform preventative maintenance on their vehicle such as new tires or new brakes.

Now, most people will probably replace their tires and brakes, but if one out of 1000 in the bad credit category has a tire blow out and they severally injure somebody, the insurance company will loose money.

What is the solution?

Most (if not all quality insurers) run credit. Depending on the financial stability of the company, a specific insurer may be more open to accept a customer with lower credit. My recommendation is for you to shop you rate until you find a quality insurer who will not consider your less than perfect credit as high risk. You can do this online or call a local independent insurance agent who usually represents more than one company. One of these companies may give you a better price!

Don't Fall in the trap of cheap advertisement!

Please don't fall in the trap of advertisements, "we don't run your credit." With my experience in the insurance world, not running credit usually means the insurance company is selling a limited product, which opens up loop holes for the insurance company to not pay a claim. Companies with a bad reputation and possibly a low rating tend to advertise like this and offer inferior coverage to the people who most need insurance protection (sad news).

Keep in mind, credit is not the only factor in your insurance rate. Folks over 30 (all else constant) can usually get away with an excellent rate although they might have bad credit. It all comes down to responsibility, and we can all admit that over all people over 30 might be more responsible than somebody in their 20's even if the credit is less than perfect.

The best thing to do is to try to maintain the best credit possible by making on time payments and managing your debt and try to not get involved in any accidents and get moving violation. This will guarantee you get the best auto insurance rate in Texas.
Cheap Car Insurance-How To Select Cheap Car Insurance Car rental in rajasthan - Jaipur Auto Insurance of Mexico – Affordable Automobile Insurance Coverage Bad Credit Auto Loans Are Not Impossible To Obtain SR-22 Insurance South Carolina - The basics People With Bad Credit Need Fast Auto Loans Too Role of Advanced Composites in Automobile Sector How to Deal With Auto Fraud? The Many Faces Of Auto Insurance In Our Country Auto Insurance Things You Should Know Auto Insurance For Starters And Experienced People Ceramic Auto Glass Tinting And Improving Your Car's Safety And Appearance Car Insurance Quotes Help You Buy Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.33.178) / Processed in 0.012840 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 3249, 952,