Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » Are Small Boat Kits The Key To Plain Sailing When Building Your First Boat?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Are Small Boat Kits The Key To Plain Sailing When Building Your First Boat?

If you have decided to build your own boat for the first time

, first of all I'd like to say congratulations and welcome to this amazingly fun and incredibly rewarding pastime. If not, there is still time to turn that dream into a reality. Either way, you may decide that looking into one of the many small boat kits available is the best place for you to start on your boat building adventure. But which small boat are you going to choose?

This article aims to outline some of the most popular small boat designs that you may want to look into and who knows, maybe build and take to the water in later down the line. There are many different small boat designs, each with it's own intended use and purpose.

Some of the easiest small boat kits available to build are those of wooden kayaks and canoes. Traditionally used for transportation of goods, these boats have more recently been associated with sporting and pleasure activities. They are simple to build and make a great first project for any amateur boat builder.

They are also lightweight designs, which make them easy to transport and take to and from the water and because these are simple designs, they tend to use little wood, making them a cheap boat to make too. In fact, these boat designs are often so cheap and easy, you may not need to use a kit at all to build and you might decide with the right plans, you could build your boat from scratch.Are Small Boat Kits The Key To Plain Sailing When Building Your First Boat?

The next level up from wooden kayaks and canoes, is that of simple rowing boats and again there are many small boat kits available for such boat building designs. Such designs are again simple to follow and perfect for the amateur boat builder. For those wanting to take it one step further, the day boat, which features a place for an engine in it's design, rather than being powered by oars, also falls within this same category of small boat and is of similar simplicity to build.

The final small boat design I would like to discuss is that of the wooden dinghy. These can be powered by small outboard motors, but are often also created as small sailing boats. These are slightly more complex to build as they are more technical in design, but none the less, can be built by the amateur boat builder and are great if you want to build a wooden boat for sailing specifically.

These are the three main small boat kits that are available for you to build, each designed for a specific purpose in mind. Which boat kit you will want to use will depend on what you want as your final product, a rowing boat, a motor boat or a sailing boat. Finally, on last thing, good luck with you boat build and I'll see you on the water!

If you enjoyed this article or found it useful, please take a moment to leave a comment and let me know. I would love to know your thoughts, so just drop me a line. For more information on small boat kits, or for similar boat building topics, also please feel free to visit my website, you're always welcome aboard. Just click on the links below.

By: Tony Metcalf
Changing Up Your Routine With Sailing The Opportunities That Exist With Yacht Club And Boat Club Jan Berkowitz Returns from Chartering a Blue Marlin Fishing Boat Expedition How To Sell Your Boat - Some Simple Ways Out Luxury Sailing Yachts Paul Spivak Explains The F-11 Boat - What It Gives And Optional Equipment Having An Excellent Day Away In A Boat Finding the Right Boat Slip Points On Choosing The Right Boat Trailer Federal Boat Accident Reporting Requirements For Recreational Boat Accidents Jan Berkowitz Returns From Chartering A Blue Marlin Fishing Boat Expedition What to Look For in Boat Rentals Buy boat parts, outboard parts and trailer parts at discount prices!
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.254.122) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.013256 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3189, 977,
Are Small Boat Kits The Key To Plain Sailing When Building Your First Boat? Vairano Patenora