American Cancer Society Cervical Cancer StatisticsAuthor: Sunil Tanna
It starts when the process of cell division goes wrong in the ovaries and they start to multiply in a rapid and out of control way. American Cancer Society Cervical Cancer Statistics This leads to a cancerous growth which then causes a tumour to form. It is not known exactly what causes this type of cancer but age, ovulation and family history are all thought to have an influence. If a tumour does form it often starts to press on the surrounding cells causing pain, discomfort and other undesirable symptoms in these areas. In this article I will be discussing three of these ovarian cancer symptoms in greater detail.
1) BLOATING OF THE STOMACH:- If you contract ovary cancer and the tumour grows large enough it may cause the stomach to physically bloat. Whilst bloating is not necessarily a sign of ovarian cancer it is a cause for concern if it cannot be explained. Therefore, if you notice that your stomach has become bloated and can think of no logical reason why go see your doctor straight away. They will be able to perform some tests and let you know what is causing your stomach to swell.
2) IRREGULAR PERIODS:- Normally the ovaries release an egg once a month. If this egg is not fertilised it passes out of the body during a woman's monthly period. However, if a cancerous tumour has developed it may block the ovaries making it difficult for eggs to be released. This may then have an impact on your periods. Therefore, if your periods seem to change for no apparent reason go see your doctor right away. Again there are many factors that can cause your periods to be irregular but your doctor will be able to let you know if it is related to ovarian cancer.
http://www.curedisease.info/2009/07/lung-cancer/">Lung Cancer Secrets Revealed Click here
3) PAIN IN YOUR LOWER ABDOMEN OR SIDES:- If the tumour gets big enough it can start to place pressure on the ovaries. This can lead to pain in your lower abdomen or sides. Many women confuse these symptoms with PMS pains. However, if you start to experience them when you are not currently on your period you should go see your doctor immediately. The pains may not be related to ovarian cancer but your doctor will be able to perform the tests and let you know for sure.
I hope this article has given you a better insight in to some of the potential warning signs for ovarian cancer. Whilst your first instinct may be to brush these symptoms of as the result PMS, you should step back and think for a second before doing this. If there is no logical reason behind these symptoms then the chances are something is not right. They may be nothing to do with ovary cancer but it is far better to see your doctor and get a conclusive, professional opinion on the matter.
Whilst every intention has been made to make this article accurate and informative, it is intended for general information only. Ovarian cancer is a very serious, life threatening condition and you
http://www.curedisease.info/2009/07/lung-cancer/">lung cancer treatment in Ashburn breakthroughs Click hereAbout the Author:
http://www.curedisease.info/2009/07/lung-cancer/"> lung cancer best treatment Click here
Article Source: ArticlesBase.com - American Cancer Society Cervical Cancer StatisticsLEAVE A REPLY? =>> REPLY
- Cdc Cervical Cancer Statistics
- Hpv Cervical Cancer Statistics
- Cervical Cancer Statistics Ireland
- Cervical Cancer Statistics Canada
- Breast Cancer Facts Statistics
- Are Black Men Really At More Risk From Prostate Cancer Than White Men?
- Mens Health Prostate Cancer
- Cervical Cancer Statistics Australia
- Cervical Cancer Statistics Uk
- Cervical Cancer Statistics Who