Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » A Tourist Experience At Heathrow
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

A Tourist Experience At Heathrow

I have to admit that I have never seen an airport quite as large and impressive as Londons Heathrow

. I didnt know what to expect at all flying into Heathrow, as I had never been there before. I had read online that Heathrow was the worlds busiest airport, with over 67 million people passing through there every year. But honestly, I really had no idea of how huge the airport was until I got there, emerged from the Jetway, and took a look around.

Ive been to airports in the past where there are shops. Mostly magazines and books, junky souvenirs to take to the people back home, junk food, and impulse buy crap. I think that once I passed through an airport where there was a Body Shop kiosk, and I bought some lip balm, and I thought that was pretty cool. But Heathrow was like a giant airport/shopping mall. It was amazing. I suspect that I could not have been more obviously a tourist if I had been wearing a giant sign around my neck, thats how hard I was gawking at everything with my mouth open.

The airport had a Harrods department store, for goodness sakes. I mean, Id heard of Harrods and I planned on going there when I got to London just to be able to say Id been. I just didnt expect there to be one 30 yards from where Id exited the airplane.

I forgot for a moment all about claiming my bag, or rushing outside for that blissful post-flight cigarette. First I stared, and then I shopped. I hit Boots, the Body Shop (of course), Harrods, and then I just had to stop by Cartier and Versace so that I could gawk at all the beautiful stuff that I couldnt afford. Ill be honest with you; if I could have pawned my return ticket, I would have.

By the time I was done shopping and had made my way to claim my bag, I was exhausted. Lucky for me, there were plenty of hotels to choose from right there close to the airport. Heathrow airport hotels are pretty fancy, but I was able to get a good deal. And I tell you, its a good thing, because my feet were so tired from all that walking and gawking that all I wanted to do was check into one of those Heathrow hotels and collapse!

by: Peter Merifield
You could be a celebrity with Burberry handbag Top rated 10 Most effective Christmas Treats 2010 regarding Him Do Something Different This Summer - Charter A Yacht The most famous Christmas Songs for now Exploring Monolithos Castle during Rhodes holidays Exciting Tour Packages In India India tours- An Awesome Experience India Travel Agents The Fun-filled India Travel Packages The Exciting Travel Deals in India Have An Incredible Experience On Your Tours To India Christmas celebration-Christmas symbols and events Interesting Places to Tour with Golden Triangle Destinations – Some Wise Combinations
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.0.61) / Processed in 0.011937 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2288, 954,