Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » A Smile Reserve In My Mind In Perpetuity
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

A Smile Reserve In My Mind In Perpetuity

A smile reserve in my mind in perpetuity

The One Million Pound Bank-Note

By this time I was tramping the streets again. The sight of a ball mill factory anad atailor-shop gave me a sharp longing to shed my rags, and to clothe myself decently once more. Could I afford it? No; I had nothing in the world but a million pounds. So I forced myself to go on by. But soon I was drifting back again. I asked if they had a misfit suit on their hands. The fellow I spoke to nodded his head towards another fellow, and gave me no answer.

I waited till he was done with what he was doing, then he took me into a back room, and overhauled a pile of rejected suits, and selected the rattiest one for me. I put it on. It didn't fit, and wasn't in any way attractive, but it was new, and I was anxious to have it; so I said with some diffidence: It would be an accommodation to me if you could wait some days for the money. I haven't any small change about me.

The fellow worked up a sarcastic expression of countenance, and said: Oh, you haven't? Well, of course, I'd only expect gentlemen like you to carry large change. I was nettled, and said: My friend, you shouldn't judge a stranger always by the clothes he wears. I am quite able to pay for this suit; I simply didn't wish to put you to the trouble of changing a large note. I didn't mean any particular harm, he said, but I might say it wasn't quite your affair to jump to the conclusion that we couldn't change any note that you might happen to be carrying around. On the contrary, we can. I handed the note to him, and said: Oh, very well; I apologize.

He received it with a smile, one of those large smiles which goes around all over, and looks like the place where you have thrown a brick in a pond; and then in the act of his taking a glimpse of the bill this smile froze solid, and turned yellow. I never before saw a smile caught like that, in perpetuity.

by: nicole
Are You Satisfied With Your Dog Training Collar The Best Way To Take Care Of Your Pet Dog Things To Do To Prevent Your Dog From Biting Tips To Control The Excess Barking Of Your Dog Why Barking Dog Collar Is Important Latest Pet Rfid Tag For Pet Tracking System Things To Consider Before Owning A Dog The Needs Of Dogs What Can Dog Owners Expect From Dog Fences? Seasonal Professional Grooming For Your Pet Help! My Dog Chews Everything Pamper Your Pet With A Dog Bed Flexible Pet Enclosures
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.195.23.152) / Processed in 0.012315 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2123, 969,