Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Travel Luggage - Points To Remember
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Travel Luggage - Points To Remember

When choosing luggage, it is important to remember a variety of key factors, in particular size and weight. Airlines all have varying restrictions on dimensions and weight of baggage and it is best to check with the relevant airline before going shopping.

Travel luggage generally comes in three sizes - small, usually known as carry - on, medium or large. Bearing airline restrictions in mind, the required size for your luggage can be determined by the extent of the journey and by how many people are actually travelling together. For example, a single person travelling for only a short period of time would find a carry - on piece of luggage quite sufficient. Medium sized bags or cases are best suited for a single traveller taking a journey of up to two weeks, or a couple travelling for a week. Larger baggage is probably the best solution for groups of people, in particular for families including smaller children.

The fewer bags parents have to juggle with while trying to hang on to their little ones, the better. As a result of many low cost airlines now charging extra for every kilo or pound of excess weight, the weight restrictions of most airlines are continually getting stricter. Travellers have to be aware that restrictions apply to carry - on as well as check - in luggage, and the empty weight of the bag or case itself can take up to 30% of the total weight allowance! This of course makes it important to check the weight of any item you may wish to purchase.Travel Luggage - Points To Remember

Wheeled baggage makes life a lot easier, as it takes the strain out of moving it around. Although this will add to the overall weight, it is well worth considering. The wheels' quality should be checked with care, as you will expect them to last for some time. Then there is the choice of hard or soft sided baggage. Although hard sided cases are usually more weather proof and perfect for protecting fragile items inside, they are also much heavier as a rule. In comparison, soft sided luggage is not only much lighter, but is also more expandable. More often than not, it will also feature a variety of zipped compartments on the outside, thus offering more flexibility when packing. Frequent travellers also need to ensure that their baggage is durable enough to withstand regular trips; although it may cost a little more, it's worth it.

When evaluating the durability of a case or bag, it is important to check the basic material, handles, zips and wheel systems, as well as any other features of importance to the individual traveller. Another good point to remember is to buy easily recognisable luggage. The vast majority of baggage checked in is similar in design and most of it is either black or brown. This makes it difficult to spot your bag on the luggage carousel, and many have lost their baggage by someone else picking it up by mistake.
Flying from Glasgow to London with British Airways Using Easyjet to travel from Glasgow to London Two Alaskan's Inaugural Events and Adventures in Washington DC What to Pack? 10 Holiday Essentials for 2011 Orlando Group Travel Will Plan and Take Care of Any Large Travel Event Cloud Computing Comparison Visiting Hawaii - White Sand Kailua Beach My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Ibiza How I Met My Husband Through Christian Singles Washington DC Craft Show Listings - Best Arts And Crafts Fairs and Festivals Across The Country My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Mallorca My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Gran Canaria My Holidays From Dublin Travel Guide - Tenerife
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.234.83) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.005460 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2948, 954,
Travel Luggage - Points To Remember Vairano Patenora