Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Local 68 Fishing Trip, Dennis Giblin & Steve Skirka Amazed with Over whelming Support
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Local 68 Fishing Trip, Dennis Giblin & Steve Skirka Amazed with Over whelming Support

Local 68 Fishing Trip, Dennis Giblin & Steve Skirka Amazed with Over whelming Support

The 2010 Local Fishing trip enjoyed record-breaking attendance with

190 people and three boats leaving from Ken's Landing Marina, Pt. Pleasant Beach, N.J. Although rain clouds threatened, calm seas prevailed for the duration of the trip, which took place on August 19, 2010.

The big winner for the day was David Kwiecinski, a guest of Local member Dennis Danku. Kwiecinski's fluke weighed in at 8 pounds, 10 ounces. Second place was awarded to Chip Thomson and third place went to David Janas.Local 68 Fishing Trip, Dennis Giblin & Steve Skirka Amazed with Over whelming Support

"The fishing trip has grown in popularity over the past few years," said Dennis J. Giblin, Local. "Many members bring their children and spouses along for the day at sea. It's a great opportunity for members and their guests to socialize outside of work."

Fishing trip guests enjoyed refreshments and sandwiches onboard and each received a Local hat.

Brent Long of Cornelius, N.C., caught a five-bass limit weighing 25 pounds, 4 ounces Friday to extend his lead at the FLW Tour event presented by Ranger on Lake Guntersville and advanced to the top 5 as the crucial No. 1 seed. With a three-day catch of 15 bass weighing 76-7, he now holds an 8-pound, 12-ounce lead in the tournament going in to the final day of competition.

East Galveston Bay, Bolivar Peninsula, TX.)... Flipping a wacky rigged worm towards a grassy edge, letting it sink, then using my rod-tip to make it wriggle, WHAM!! The water exploded and the fight was on. This action wasn't on a freshwater reservoir, nor in a patch of hydrilla, nor was my wacky hook impaled in the jaw of a black bass, but set in a crunching maw of a saltwater redfish.

When living on freshwater impoundments my favorite technique for catching bass were worms rigged wacky style. Now that I live on saltwater my favorite technique for catching bass must crossover to a more saline attitude for my fishing activity. So, with a little ingenuity and anticipation I set out to wacky some redfish.Local 68 Fishing Trip, Dennis Giblin & Steve Skirka Amazed with Over whelming Support

Galveston East Bay became my target with an outgoing tide providing the right situation as reds and specks concentrated on the receding tide to ambush shrimp and baitfish being flushed from the grass. I targeted this area on previous years with outgoing tides being the key factor for some exceptional redfish action.

Choosing my tools was a no-brainer with 7ft casting rods w/light action tips and a bait-casting reels spooled with 12-lb test fluorocarbon. My rigging was a chartreuse weight wrapped 5/0 hook with either a chartreuse or pumpkinseed worm impaled in the center. Key to this rig were plastic sound beads inserted in the ends of the worms. In freshwater this sounded like crawfish "clicking"their tails attracting the bass bite. But in saltwater these "clicks"sounded like shrimp flicking their tails to the redfish.

Early morning launch found me full throttled towards the sea grass flats before sun-up and while the sun was announcing a new day I was searching the grass edges for tailing reds. They were here and they were hungry. A tailing www.dennisgiblin.wordpress.com red is an exciting scene to watch as reds feed along the bottom their tails show above the surface fanning in the morning light. They make excellent targets for anglers to cast to. And I'm one to take advantage of that.

My first cast resulted in that explosion of my first paragraph and my first wacky wormed redfish greeted the rising sun, glinting bronze and silver with the rolls and surges of the fight. What a site to see in the early mornings light. My redfish action for this day would result in eight reds and one sea-trout boated and released, with several more nice reds, along with two heavy trout throwing the hook. My day started at 6:30am and finished by 10am. Not bad for a mornings worth of wacky fishing
Climate War Heats To Start Saving Appliance Industry Economy - Copenhagen, Saving Appliances - Take practise use of columbia jackets into consideration as perfect Christmas gift Ugg boots - Christmas best gift - enjoy fastival feast Nike Zoom Kobe VI shoes - Christmas gift challenge to Kobe Bryant Multifunction Timberland Boots perfect your Christmas plans Nike mercurial shoes debut as men's best Christmas gift -broken traditional idea Ibiza Villas, best ways to rent a villa Excellent Halloween Costumes for Infants Main Street hopeful for better holiday shopping season Big sis caught lying to American People The Amalfi Coast in Italy has a lot of beautiful spots as wedding destinations Backpacking Spain Travel – A Means To Discover Real Spain You Don't Have to be a Single Christian Washington DC
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.190.219.49) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.013964 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 3977, 954,
Local 68 Fishing Trip, Dennis Giblin & Steve Skirka Amazed with Over whelming Support Pirapozinho